Saturday, May 28, 2016

Finding The Cure

“Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10)

Many parents of children with autism expend all their energy and their family’s limited resources chasing the latest and greatest “cure” for autism.  Many people in their search for “cures” miss the blessings along the way.  I am not suggesting that any mother in her right mind would not approach the throne of grace knowing what God can provide on her child’s behalf.  What I am suggesting is that many blessings are missed along the road to “correct” what some perceive as God’s mistake.  God’s blessings and lessons along the spectrum are God’s cures for everything that ails us.  Being still in the presence of a Holy Lord and asking him to reveal to us what He wants us to learn about His character through life’s hardships will bring more healing than any self-proclaimed cure this world has to offer.


Lord, help me to not lose sight of You and your blessings as we travel this spectrum called autism.  Help me to be still in your presence when I am feeling overwhelmed knowing that your healing is the greatest cure for what ails me.  I give my son to You this day, Lord, because he is Yours first, not mine.  I pray you show me those things hidden in secret places that only You know, Lord.  I know you have a plan for each of us, and I am choosing to be still today resting in the knowledge that there is no one, no physician, no therapist greater than you, Lord.  To You be the glory forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment