Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Right Perspective

“And this is my prayer:  that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ.”  (Philippians 1:9-11)

I have discovered that through my own personal struggles in life, I have become much more sympathetic to others.  I often find myself praying for those whom I have never met.  It seems that God’s love is poured out from me as He molds me through each experience and as I learn to more readily put what may seem insurmountable to me at the moment into the hands of an Almighty God.  When I was younger, I would immediately go to my husband and/or call a friend for her perspective on things.  What I have realized over the years is that the only perspective I want or need amidst the darkness is God’s. In Paul’s prayer for the church at Philippi, he asks that the church’s love overflow as it grows in more knowledge and depth of insight into the character of God.  Are you allowing God to create something lovely in your life through your own challenges?  This is not an undertaking for you, but for God through the power of the Holy Spirit.  Lay your situation at the foot of God’s throne and ask Him to transform you as only He is able, so that you are filled with the fruit of His righteousness to overflowing.


Lord, please fill my heart with your perspective and my life to overflowing with your love so that when others see me amidst my struggles, they see you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment