Sunday, June 12, 2016

No Worries


“The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them.  Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.”  (Psalm 34:7-8)


My son is non-verbal and cannot tell me what happens each day at school.  When schools are non-communicative and one’s child is undeniably upset at the end of a school day, a parent’s mind can run wild with fear-driven thoughts.  Rather than fear what may or may not happen at school, I have found that taking refuge in God’s word and His promises erases my earthly fears for my son.  God promises that His angels encamp around those who fear Him.  There have been many days that I have prayed for God to place angels around my son. When I pray this prayer, I am putting my fears of what others might do into God's hands; I am deliberately choosing to trade my stress and worry for God's peace.  

When you find yourself fearing what may or may not happen when you cannot be with your non-verbal child, have confidence that God encamps His angels around your child.  Pray this scripture confidently over your child, and rest in peace knowing that God loves you and your child so much that He assigns angels to protect you.  It’s a promise!

Lord, I pray with confidence that you encamp angels around Benjamin each day.  I delight in the knowledge that Your Word is Truth and that Your Word promises angels surround those who have faith in You.  I take refuge in You, Lord, for You are my strength. 


No comments:

Post a Comment